Research Output per year
Philip has worked in the agricultural industry for over thirty years as a dairy herdsman and dairy herd manager working predominately with Holstein / Friesian and Jersey herds in the East Midlands.
• Calf and heifer rearing and management: Use of calf jackets, milk powder concentration, dry matter intakes, cross breeding / heterosis, age at first service.
• Grass based dairy systems
• Public understanding of farm assurance schemes
• Meat quality and packaging
• Mental health and wellbeing in the agricultural industry
Teaching and learning ni the lifelong sector, PGCE
2011 → 2012
Award Date: 1 Jan 2012
Land Management, Bsc
2009 → 2010
Award Date: 1 Jan 2010
Land Management, FdSc
2007 → 2009
Award Date: 1 Jan 2009
2017 → …
Research output: Non-textual form › Digital or Visual Products
Techniques to advance oestrus in ewes – a comparative study between the use of progestagen sponges and the ‘ram effect’Batten, S., Watson, P. & Evans, B., Apr 2016, Advances in Animal Biosciences. Cambridge University Press, Vol. 7.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution
Activities per year
An investigation into the preferred disbudding procedure of beef and dairy farmers in the UK, how many farmers follow DEFRAs three codes of recommendations?
Activity: Talk or presentation types › Oral presentation at Conference